Being a girl myself, I love doing my makeup. I am quite sure most of the girls out there love makeup. What is there not to love about it? It makes u beautiful as well as makes u feel confidence. Make is not only something that is used to hide the flaws. Everyone is beautiful with it or without it. In my opinion makeup is an art. It enhances your facial features, makes you look young, bold and pretty. But makeup can make you look ugly as well. Trust me on this one applying makeup in a wrong way can really make you look bad instead of beautiful. So ladies, Today I want to share some of the basic makeup things every woman should know.
- Before starting your makeup always clean your hands and face. One tip I had learned when you scrub your face with an exfoliator, it removes all the dead skin cell leaving a clean, smooth, flawless base.
- Moisturizer is a must for every skin types. Oily skin people tends to skip a moisturizer. But moisturizer can make a huge difference while applying a foundation. So, if you want your makeup to look flawless moisturize your skin. Make sure you moisturize at least 30 minutes before starting your makeup.
- Foundation can be applied in very different ways. If you want a sheer coverage, you can use your hand. Using a brush can give you medium to full coverage. But make sure you use a nice brush otherwise it might leave a streaks on your face. My favorite is to use a beauty blender. It gives you the look of the flawless skin without making you look cakey.
- Next step is to apply a concealer. Always choose a shade that is two times lighter to your skin tone. It helps to highlight the high points of your face giving you a lifted skin.
If you have a oily skin, baking help you to get a flawless un-creased under eye look.
If you have a dry skin, better to skip this process. Apply the powder on T zone area with very light handed.
- Applying a bronzer on your hollows of your cheeks help you to add color and definition on your face. Avoid the color that is too dark than your skin color. Apply on hollow of cheeks, forehead . Don’t apply on your whole face.
- When applying blush, smile, then dust the apples of your cheeks, then sweep pigment towards the tops of ears, then down toward the jawline.
- Don’t over draw your brows. It might make you look not so nice. Following the natural arch of the your brows gives you more natural look.
- Never use a shimmery shade as a transition shade. Always use a matte eye shadow for transition shade and on your crease. Shimmer looks beautiful on the lead. And if you want more pigmentation on shimmery eye shadows try spraying mac fix plus or any setting spray on your eye shadow brush.
- Applying a white shimmery eyeshadow on your brow bone and inner corner will give the illusion of the lifted eyes.
- Getting a perfect wing needs lots and lots of practices. But there is a easy way you can use a business card or any card, place on your eye where you want your winged to be and simply draw a straight line following the line of the card. Wallah, you can achieve pointed winged eyeliner.
- Applying a mascara can be hard. Using a spoon and placing it over a eye will help.
- Last but not least applying a setting spray can make your makeup last longer giving the flawless look.